An Introduction to Visionaire Studio: Adventure Game Engine
Visionaire Studio is an adventure game engine, which allows developers & artists to create point & click adventure games with ease.
The editor is a very straightforward & logic based tool, which allows developers to visually create & design their games, as opposed to having to program them - in the classic sense. In theory: you could potentially create a game of commercial caliber, without having to type a single line of code; the caliber part is up to you, the developer mind. All it requires, is a bit of logical thinking to program the game; everything else is down to artwork, music & sound design.
On the other hand: Visionaire Studio is not all about the simple things of life; such as: what side of the bed, one should get out of bed in the morning, or which side of bread to butter. No, far from it in fact as: besides the available in-editor action parts & functions, we also have a built in text editor which allows you to enhance your game further, by typing up custom functions & scripts in various programming languages. Visionaire Studio actually comes with multiple Lua script functions, already included.
There are plenty of tutorials, project templates & lua script examples available via the forum & this wiki for people to learn from. Support is available via the forum too; so just pop on over, create a thread, & ask away.
The Visionaire Studio: Adventure Game Engine, has been the driving force behind multiple commercial & award winning games, such as: The Whispered World, A New Beginning, Edna & Harvey, Chains of Satinav, Memoria, The Night of the Rabbit, & the Deponia trilogy. Visionaire Studio has also been used by various indie developers of successful Kickstarter campaigns, such as: STASIS, The Ballads of Reemus 2, & Jason the Greek.
Here's a quick recap on what makes Visionaire Studio so great...
- Intuitive visual editor tool; geared towards beginners, visual designers, & artists.
- Built in pre-made actions, functions, & queries; so you don't have to type any code.
- Built in text editor; based on Scintilla source code; for creating custom functions & scripts in various programming languages.
- Editor is currently available for Windows & Mac; Linux version is in development.
- Compile & export your games for various target platforms, such as: Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, & Android.
- Supports resolutions from 320x200 up to 1920x1200.
- Multiple media support for images, videos, & audio.
- Both 2D & 2.5D enabled; supports 3D characters.
- Cross platform ready; sound & engine.
- & much more...
Visionaire Studio - All it takes is a bit of imagination!