Dynamic Footstep Sounds (h2)
|Dynamic Footstep Sounds||Lebostein|
This tutorial shows you how to add dynamic footstep sounds to your characters.
1. We need two values only. We can define these two values inside our main character. We select our main character and add the value underground = 0 to define the specific underground (ground type) of our scene (or area), then we add the value randomsound to the character, which will be used to randomly select a sound belonging to the currently active ground type.
|You should define the underground (ground type), inside of an at begin of scene action for each scene & inside of on character enter actions via action areas in the way system. For example, let's say that 1 is for sand footstep sounds & 2 is for wood based footstep sounds, etc, then all you have to do is set the correct example & the scripts / actions you will create (see steps below) will take care of the rest.|
2. And now we need a few scripts. For every type of underground we use in our adventure, we add one script inside our main character with names like footsteps_sand or footsteps_wood. The type of these scripts should be Called by other action. In these scripts we set our random variable randomsound to a random value between 1 and the number of sounds we have for that underground. In the next lines we play the corresponding sound to the current random value...
3. And now we need a script, that plays our sounds depending on the underground. We add a new script (type Called by other action again) with the name footsteps. In this script we call the corresponding script to the current underground...
4. Now we have to trigger the footsteps script every time our character touches the ground. We go to the walk animation, select one of the contact (this being the frame which should trigger a footstep sound) frames and call the action footsteps inside of the frame...
5. Repeat step 4 for each walk direction of the character. Repeat steps 1 to 4 for any characters you want to apply dynamic footstep sounds to.