Welcome to the Visionaire Studio Wiki
|What is Visionaire Studio?||It's great for beginners, yet powerful enough for professional developers!|
| Visionaire Studio is a powerful multi-platform game engine specifically designed for the creation of 2D and 2.5D point & click adventure games. It allows virtually everyone to develop games, as no coding is required. The only limitation is your imagination!
Bring your game to life in a matter of hours or days, instead of weeks or months. What would usually take you ages to achieve via programming can be done much faster due to our event system which allows you to effortlessly combine pre-made actions, queries and code.
This is the (semi-)official documentation for Visionaire Studio, created with input from members of the Visionaire community.
- Introduction: What is Visionaire Studio all about?
- Getting Started with the Visionaire Studio Editor
- Action System
- Conditions and Values
- Working with Text
- Game Properties
- Scenes and Objects
- File Formats and Encoding
- Particle System
- Audio System
- 3D Models (not up-to-date)
- Steam and GOG APIs
- Team Files
Test, Debug and Release
Please refer to the official Visionaire Studio Luadocs for any script related topics not (yet) covered here in the Wiki.
Here you can find tutorials, scripts, and other useful resources created by various members of the Visionaire Studio Team & its users.
- General Tutorials for Visionaire Studio 5
- Legacy Tutorials (may be outdated, but worth a look)
- Learn Some Lua: The Basics
Tips & Tricks
- Naming Conventions and Structure
- Get More out of Your Animations
- An Event in Time: About Events, Loops, & Timing
- Approaching Sound Design
- Game Optimization
- Remote Debugging
About Game Development
We have many great references for games & studios utilizing Visionaire Studio as their game engine. Get a glimpse of what can be achieved through this compiled index of games made with Visionaire Studio.